Our March Conference call will be open to the public. All members and non-members are welcome to join the call. Join us next month and hear about some exciting things we are working on. You will also hear about some events and workshops that coming up in Tennessee. Come and meet our Board of Directors and staff. This is a great opportunity for you to get to know TN Hands & Voices and what we do.
Watch for all of the details here!
TN Hands & Voices is one of over 44 statewide chapters comprised mainly of parents along with professionals. We are a parent-driven non-profit organization dedicated to supporting families of children who are deaf or hard of hearing. We are unbiased towards communication modes and methods and believe families can make the best choices for their child if they have access to good information and support.
Our diverse membership includes those who are deaf and hard of hearing and their families who communicate manually and/or orally. From American Sign Language to cochlear implants and everything in between, our organization represents people from all different approaches to, and experiences with, deafness or hearing loss. We exist to help our children reach their highest potential.
To visit Headquarters Hands & Voices’ website,
click on the Hands & Voices logo on the right.
Tennessee Hands & Voices is dedicated to supporting families with children who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing without a bias around communication modes or methodology. We’re a parent-driven, non-profit organization providing families with the resources, networks, and information they need to improve communication access and educational outcomes for their children. Our outreach activities, parent/professional collaboration, and advocacy efforts are focused on enabling Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing children to reach their highest potential.
To Provide outreach activities, parent/professional collaboration, and advocacy efforts that result in systemic change to empower children who are Deaf and Hard of Hearing to reach their highest potential.
Values: Hands & Voices values…...
- Children who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing and their families having access to all services appropriate to their needs.
- Family members having access to pertinent information to support their child who is Deaf or Hard of Hearing.
- Parents as collaborative partners with agencies, schools, and relevant professional organizations.
- Communication mode as a personal choice of the family and the child.
- Children who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing, like all children, having quality, ongoing, and fluid communication, at home, in the classroom, and throughout their community.